- Transport Planner - shows you all options between two points
- Shared Ride Shuttles - door to door scheduled service for many popular destinations in Costa Rica
- Private Van/Driver - your schedule and just your group, vehicles for 8 to 50 people!
- Bus - public buses are plentiful and inexpensive in Costa Rica and operate between terminals on a scheduled basis
- Airport Pickup and Bus Ticket - our driver prepurchases your public bus ticket, meets your flight at the airport and brings your to the correct San Jose bus station. Hassle free!
- Adventure Connections - Combine your trip from one destination to the other with a fun tour on the way!
- Domestic Flights - several airlines operate scheduled turboprop service to small airports in Costa Rica and some nearby locations in Panama and Nicaragua. You can get from San Jose to any of these locations in about half an hour!
- Rental Car - all major car rental companies operate in San Jose and many also in many tourist destinations around the country
Whitewater Rafting/River Trips
- Pacuare River: One Day
- Two Day Hike and Paddle Rafting Trip
- Pacuare Lodge Honeymoon Getaway
- Reventazón River: Carmen Section
- Rio Tenorio - Arenal/Guanacaste
- Rio Balsa - Arenal
- White Water Rafting Arenal - Class III & IV
Caribbean Jungle, Nature & Wildlife
- Animal Rescue Centre, Chocolate Lady and Waterfall
- Caribbean Canopy & Zipline
- Cahuita Boat, Snorkel and Hiking Trip
- Cahuita National Park Hike
- Gandoca-Manzanillo Refuge Jungle Hike
- River and Sea Kayaking with Rainforest Hike
- Full Day Jungle Adventure
- Nighttime Turtle Watching
- Dolphin Watching and Snorkeling
- Bird Watching
- Day Tour - La Ceiba Reserve
- Night Tour - La Ceiba Reserve
Caribbean Learning about Indigenous Communities
Discover the Caribbean Coast
Caribbean Local Activities
- Surf Lessons
- Horseback Riding
- Fishing trip
- Pure Jungle Spa: Massages, Facials and more
- CariBeans Chocolate Forest Experience
Things to do in San Jose/Day trips from San Jose
- San Jose City Tour
- The Birds Nest Walking Tour
- San José Home Brew Pub Crawl
- Arenal Volcano and Hot Springs Tour
- Adventure Combo (Canopy & Rafting)
- Canopy and Zipline Tour
- Poas Volcano Half Day Tour
- Poas Volcano, Doka Coffee Tour and La Paz Waterfalls
- Irazu Volcano, Orosi Valley & Lankester Gardens
- Isla Tortuga
- Best of the Pacific
Activities in Arenal & Monteverde Areas
- Arenal Volcano Hike & Hot Springs
- Horseback Ride in Arenal
- Sky Trek and Sky Tram Arenal
- Sky River Drift
- Lost Canyon Adventures Canyoneering
- Gravity Falls Waterfall Jumping
- Mountain Bike Tour between Arenal and Monteverde
- Sky Trek and Sky Tram Monteverde
- Arenal to Monteverde Boat+Shuttle Crossing
- Arenal Hanging Bridges
- Rio Celeste Full Day Tour
- Hike to the Santa Elena Reserve
- Monteverde Twilight Tour
- Caño Negro Wildlife Refuge
- Crocodile Boat Tour to Manuel Antonio
- Carara National Park to Manuel Antonio
- Hike to the Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve
- Monteverde Coffee Tour
- Monteverde Horseback Riding Tours
Activities in Manuel Antonio
Activities in Nicoya Pennisula
Find us on Facebook
Full vacation itineraries
Gecko Trail Costa Rica can plan your entire trip for you! Check out some of our most popular itineraries below, see the trip reports of some of our past clients for ideas or let us design something just for you.
Coast-to-Coast Package: Pacific & Caribbean plus Mountains - Experience the best that Costa Rica has to offer including time spent in the capital, San José, sailing and snorkeling at Manuel Antonio beach in the Pacific, relaxing in hot springs and viewing a stunning volcano in Arenal, whitewater rafting down the Pacuare River, and spending time lounging on the jungle-lined beaches of Puerto Viejo in the Caribbean. Prices from $892 including all taxes and round-trip transportation from San José. More Info
Costa Rica Full On Adventure - This is a variation of our Coast-to-Coast package more catered for those seeking lots of active adventure on their vacation. If you don't like to sit still for too long, this is the package for you! You'll get loads of adrenaline pumping activities, even on the way from one destination to the other. At the same time you can enjoy the diverse landscapes of Costa Rica — the funky laid-back atmosphere of the Caribbean Sea, the other-worldly Tortuguero Canals, the spectacular Arenal Volcano, the renowned Monteverde Cloud Forest and the long sandy beaches of Samara on the Nicoya Peninsula. Prices start at just $1451 per person for a 15-day / 14-night package including taxes and return transport from San José. More Info
Caribbean Wet & Wild - Experience the best of Costa Rica's Caribbean coast with this 3-night package (there’s always an option to add more nights)! This package includes a thrilling whitewater rafting trip down the Pacuare River, Costa Rica’s most popular and pristine river for rafting adventure. You can explore the exotic jungle-hugged beaches of Puerto Viejo and choose from a jungle zipline and canopy tour or a snorkel and hiking tour of Cahuita National Park. Head to the undisturbed and magical Tortuguero National Park where you can explore jungle canals and possibly spot sea turtles! Prices start at just $450 per person including all taxes and round-trip transport from San Jose. More Info
Volcano, Jungle and Beach - This 4-night / 5-day package includes 2 nights at the Arenal Volcano with plenty of time to relax in some hot springs. You can whitewater raft down the Pacuare River and view nautre in its splendor while navigating class III- IV rapids. Spend 2 more nights on the rich beaches of the Caribbean in Puerto Viejo or Cahuita. A thrilling jungle zipline and canopy tour or a snorkel and hike tour of Cahuita National Park is included. You can also add Tortuguero to this package Prices start at just $645 per person including all taxes and round-trip transport from San Jose. More Info
Romance & Adventure - Are you looking for a Caribbean getaway that includes romance and adventure? This is the package for you! This combines a fun-filled day whitewater rafting down Costa Rica’s most popular rafting river, the Pacuare, followed by 3 or more nights in funky Puerto Viejo or colorful Cahuita. Enjoy a couples massage and dinner for two at the popular Stashu’s Con Fusion. You will also have the option to do a thrilling zipline canopy tour or visit the wonderful Jaguar Rescue Center. Prices start at just $446 per person including all taxes and round-trip transport from San Jose. More Info
Caribbean Coast Discoverer - Explore the best the Caribbean has to offer in Costa Rica and Panama! This package will take you from San Jose to Puerto Viejo in the South Caribbean of Costa Rica and to the archipelago Bocas del Toro in Panama. You will spend 3 (or more) nights in your hotel of choice in Puerto Viejo and 2 (or more) nights in your hotel of choice in Bocas del Toro. More Info
Gay and Lesbian Packages
Costa Rica is Central America's most gay and lesbian friendly destination and we have put together several packages specifically tailored to Gay and Lesbian clients such as The Bi-Coastal. Check out Gecko Trail Costa Rica specialized services to the Gay and Lesbian community on our gay travel page.
Put together your own trip by combining your time at the beach with these action packed itineraries for seeing some of Costa Rica's most spectacular sights in 1 or more night packages.
Arenal Volcano with Monteverde Option - Hike to a waterfall, learn about the most recent volcanic eruption or go horseback riding with a 2 or 3 night package to Arenal Volcano! Relax in the hot springs nearby after a full day of adventures. There are numerous other fun activities as well. You can add nights in the tiny, lush town of Monteverde to your package complete with a boat ride across Lake Arenal to reach Monteverde.
Tortuguero National Park Overnight - Tortuguero National Park is an isolated area on the northern part of the Caribbean coast reachable only by boat or airplane. Pure and untouched nature, turtle watching and jungle canals await you.
Tortuguero/Pacuare Combo - Combine two of the Caribbean's best activities in this 3 day/2 night trip. A visit to Tortuguero National Park with an overnight in the Lodge in the park, an overnight off the beaten path near Siquirres at Finca Maquengue and a whitewater rafting trip on the world famous Pacuare River!
Osa Peninsula and Corcovado - Osa Peninsula and Corcovado - one of the most beautiful and pristine parts of Costa Rica!
This peninsula in the southwest of Costa Rica is a must see for nature lovers. Explore the amazing wildlife in Corcovado National Park and go snorkeling to Caño Island.
Bocas del Toro, Panama - Just over the border from Puerto Viejo are these islands in Panama with a laid-back Caribbean vibe and some great snorkeling and diving. Take a couple days to explore with transport options from Puerto Viejo, Cahuita or San Jose.
Green and Colonial Nicaragua - Discover the impressive volcanic island Ometepe and the enchanting colonial city of Granada with its beautiful surroundings! This package will take you to must-see destinations in Nicaragua like the remote escape Ometepe in the middle of Lake Nicaragua, the old colonial city Granada and the Mombacho Cloud Forest.
Let Gecko Trail Costa Rica use our knowledge of and our contacts around Costa Rica to find you the perfect places to stay.
Go directly to listings for: