This booking form is provided by Gecko Trail Costa Rica who will process your booking and provide customer service. Contact them if you have questions.
We’ve specially designed this package to be for your honeymoon or if you and your loved one simply need a romantic getaway. This is also a great tour for two friends who love to be pampered together! Almost everything is included in this package so you won't need to plan a thing. Here's what your days will look like:
Day 1 - Arrival Puerto Viejo
Morning pick-up in San José (or Arenal area) in a comfortable A/C minibus shuttle. If you are arriving by air today, we can arrange a private shuttle to meet you at the airport for an additional charge as the scheduled minibus leaves too early to connect with most arriving flights. Drop-off at your Puerto Viejo hotel with the rest of the day to spend at your leisure.
Day 2 - Puerto Viejo - Animal Rescue Center, Canopy or Full-day Jungle Adventure
Breakfast at your hotel (included with most hotels, see hotel details below).
Pick-up for your choice of a Canopy Tour, our combo Jaguar Rescue Centre/Chocolate Lady/Waterfall combo trip or our Full Day Jungle Adventure ($36 extra charge).
The Jaguar Rescue Center/Chocolate Lady/Waterfall tour takes you to the Jaguar Rescue Centre, which offers shelter, treatment and protection to ill or wounded wild animals in the south Caribbean area. It is a sanctuary for wild animals and they try to accommodate their jungle guests as well as they can: terrariums for the snakes, large spaces for the monkeys to rest in after spending the whole day playing in the garden's trees, special quarantine cages for the animals arriving seriously injured and also a large supply of medicine and an operating theatre for emergency surgery if necessary. Your visit helps support the work of the centre.
Next we visit an indigenous family growing cacao trees on their land. They are eager to show you the entire process of cacao fruit becoming a bar of chocolate. You will have the opportunity to purchase some of their chocolate or other indigenous handmade crafts. Please note that only part of the family speaks very limited English so if you don’t speak Spanish, your explanation of the process may be in the form of pantomime!
We will also hike to a beautiful waterfall for our third destination.
The Canopy/Zipline option is a half-day adventure taking you on a series of zipline cables between platforms-there are 9 aerial platforms, 14 land platforms and a total of 2560 meters of cable! It's a unique and fun way to see Costa Rica's flora and fauna, much of which never comes down from the trees. A guide will ensure you a safe, educational and exciting trip. Snacks and beverages included.
Finally, for the most adventurous, you can choose our Full Day Jungle Adventure, which includes canopy/zipline, a Tarzan swing, rappelling, lunch and more. This option is $36 extra per person or an additional $95 if you choose to do it in addition to the Jaguar Rescue Center/Chocolate Lady/Waterfall tour (additional day required).
If these all sound good to you then choose to do two tours or let us plan even more activities for you!
Day 3 - Puerto Viejo - Couples Massage and Dinner at Stash's Con Fusion
Spend the morning relaxing at your hotel or exploring the funky little town of Puerto Viejo on your own (one of our favorite ways to explore is by renting a bike) then we'll send you to Pure Jungle Spa where you'll enjoy a massage for two. This tranquil little spa in the jungle has been recommended in Conde Nast Traveler, USA Today and many other publications.
After that, your package includes a romantic dinner for two at one of our favorite local restaurants, Stashu's Con Fusion, including an appetizer to share, 2 entrees, 1 dessert and wine
Day 4 - Whitewater Rafting on the Pacuare River! Return to San Jose (or Arenal)
Early morning pickup at your Puerto Viejo hotel for a thrilling whitewater rafting trip down Costa Rica’s most popular rafting river, Rio Pacuare! A hearty breakfast at the rafting company headquarters (about 3 hrs away) is provided. Your luggage is securely stored in a locked container.
This is our most popular rafting trip and Costa Rica's premier river trip. This is the ultimate blend of wilderness exposure and invigorating excitement! The Pacuare River is world famous for its pristine beauty. A true river gorge, it is flanked by steep, green walls. Waterfalls cascade into the river from both sides as colorful, tropical birds fly right overhead. The white water is equally exciting (rapids class III-IV). This is truly a memorable rafting trip and we can guarantee an awesome day with lots of laughs! All instruction and equipment is included. (This trip is suitable for ages 12 and over, if you have younger kids we'll put you on a calmer river). Lunch is included on the shore of the river.
You’ll be back at the rafting company headquarters in time for a drink if you’d like and then transportation to your San José or Arenal hotel is provided.
Want the ultimate in getting away from it all? Choose to spend an additional night on the river by upgrading your rafting choice to a 2 day hike and paddle trip with a night in a river lodge (additional $120 p/p). Or if you’d rather raft a different calmer river we'll even take $20 p/p off your package.
|Depatures:||Daily from your hotel in San Jose, Arenal or Puerto Viejo. Enquire about other starting locations.|
Four complete days/Three nights. Additional Days can be added.
* Note this package departs early morning on the first day and finishes late-afternoon/early evening of the last day. If you planning your international flights you should arrive San Jose at least the day before your departure and leave the day after the tour ends.
|Precio por persona:||
Paquete desde $485 por persona por 5 dias/ 4 noches, dependiendo del hotel y las opciones de tours escogidas y fechas del paquete.
Noches Adicionales en la Costa Caribeña pueden ser agregadas desde $80 por noche para 2 personas.
* Las tarifas basadas en ocupación doble / temporada Baja. Para otras fechas y tipos de habitación, por favor rellene el formulario de reserva o consulte con nosotros para una cotizar su paquete personalizado.
● Transportation from San Jose or Arenal to Puerto Viejo
● 3 (or more) nights accommodations at Banana Azul o your choice of hotels in Puerto Viejo
● Couples massage with two therapists and side-by-side tables (or separate treatment rooms if you prefer) at the famous Pure Jungle Spa or in your hotel
● Your choice of the Animal Rescue Centre/Chocolate Lady/Waterfall tour or Canopy/Zipline tour. Or upgrade to the All Day Jungle Adventure for $36 extra.
● Rafting Trip down the Pacuare River including lunch
● Transportation at end of trip to San Jose or Arenal
● Breakfast daily
● Dinner at Stashu's Con Fusion in Puerto Viejo
● All taxes and Gecko Trail Service charge
● Optional accommodations in San Jose before your trip if you'd like us to arrange this for you (select this option on the booking form to see prices).
● $35 per booking extra transport for pickup or drop-off at Arenal hotels which are further from La Fortuna than Tabacon Resort such as Arenal Lodge or Arenal Observatory Lodge.
● Restaurant or other optional gratuities
|¿Qué llevar?||Swimsuit, shoes or sandals that can get wet for rafting trip, sunscreen, pants, insect repellent, hiking boots/shoes.|
From just $179 p/p per night, you can spend one or two days in Panama
Our Bocas del Toro trips include transportation from Puerto Viejo to Bocas del Toro via shared van and then on by boat to the islands, accommodation - either luxury on the main island or a bit more simple but with stunning views on Isla Solarte - breakfast, and depending on how many days you stay, an afternoon activity or a full day tour with lunch. The option to return to San Jose by land or air is also available.
For the ones staying for one night, you can either go snorkeling or deepboarding in the afternoon before enjoying a nice dinner in Bocastown or at your lodge. The next morning you have off to discover the islands or relax on a secluded beach. At noon you will start the trip back to Puerto Viejo.
If you stay two nights, you will have the rest of the day free to visit one of the nearby islands or just have a walk in town. On the second day you will go on a tour to Cayo Zapatillo, where you can try out deepboarding, the new way to snorkel. The tour includes lunch and snorkeling equipment. After a day on and in the water, you can enjoy the evening in Bocastown or at your lodge and then return to Puerto Viejo the next day after breakfast. If you like an additional morning to explore the world of Bocas, we can also schedule you for the afternoon shuttle (not possible for San Jose).
On the afternoon of your last day, we will pick you up at your hotel and transport you to your hotel in your choice of San Jose, Puerto Viejo or the Arenal area.
|Duration:||2 days/1 night or 3 days/2 nights.||Important Note:||We cannot confirm your booking until we have received the complete passport info for ALL passengers. Not providing this info in a timely manner will be treated as a no-show|
|Cost per person:||
2 day/1 night package: $179.00 p/p (economy) or $209.00 p/p (luxury)
3 day/2 night package: $259.00 p/p (economy) or $339.00 p/p (luxury)
Note - Rates are not valid for holiday seasons.
• Return transportation from Puerto Viejo area hotels to Colon Island or Isla Solarte in Bocas del Toro, Panama
• One or two nights of lodging in one of our partner hotels
• Local activity or one day tour to Cayo Zapatillo
• Gecko Trail Adventures service charge
• Exit and entry fees to be paid on both sides of the border (calculate another $16 for round trip)
• Bocas airport departure tax $15 for those choosing the return to San Jose by air option
• $10/way additional charge per person for pickup in Cahuita
• $45/way additional charge per person for pickup in San Jose
• Single supplement if single room(s) needed
• Transportation from and to tour(s)
|What to Bring:||Bathing suit, sunglasses, sunscreen, towel, Passport and onward ticket leaving Costa Rica (or Panama if you are ending the tour there) for border crossing|
Please wait ... we are processing your request.
Please do not submit it again...this make take up to 60 seconds.