This booking form is provided by Gecko Trail Costa Rica who will process your booking and provide customer service. Contact them if you have questions.
The Arenal Volcano is a spectacular sight to behold and an absolute must see if you are thinking about visiting. Its last eruption was in 1968 totaling the entire town of Tabacon. There are various viewpoints of the volcano all well worth your time. In fact, this entire area of Costa Rica has a vast array of wonderful flora and fauna, lots of fun adventures and plenty of opportunities for relaxing.
There are daily departures from hotels on the Caribbean coast, San Jose and most Pacific coast towns.
Transportation is in a comfortable minibus with a/c to La Fortuna, a small town at the base of the volcano, where you will be dropped off at your selected hotel. You will have plenty of time the first afternoon and evening to explore this charming little town on your own.
The following day you will be picked up at your hotel at 8 AM to visit the La Fortuna waterfall by horseback.
You can also choose a different tour (or more than one). Options include the Arenal Hanging Bridges, the famous Sky Trek/Sky Tram Zipline/Canopy tour, explore the jungle on an ATV tour or visit the Lost Canyon on a conyoneering adventure!
In the afternoon you will explore the 1968 Trail to learn more about the story of the eruption and get some fantastic views of the volcano. After the hike you can relax in the wonderful Los Lagos Hot Springs (or you can choose from several other hot spring options in the area). These hot springs are in a tropical garden setting and a great way to unwind from your hike. The night ends with an extensive and delicious dinner buffet.
Your tour ends in Arenal. You can also add additional nights of accommodation in Arenal so you can explore more on your own or we can arrange transportation to San Jose, the Pacific or the Caribbean coast.
Continue your trip from Arenal with a crossing by boat of Lake Arenal. The trip across Lake Arenal is part of the fun; transportation from your Arenal hotel to the boat and from other side of the lake to your Monteverde hotel is included.
We'll bring you to your hotel in Monteverde by lunchtime so you'll have time to explore the area (or you can choose an afternoon departure from Arenal). The Monteverde Cloud Forest is world renowned for its beauty and is an incredible place to stroll the jungle rich with life; maybe you'll even spot the elusive Quetzal, the rare and resplendent bird which is Guatemala's national symbol.
While you're there, you can choose to explore on your own or we'll pick you up for a tour to explore the cloud forest. Choose from an afternoon canopy and zipline tour, a guided hike of the Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve or a twilight tour, giving you an opportunity to see nocturnal animals.
Transportation to Monteverde and 1 night hotel starts from just $61 per person depending on hotel chosen and your dates. Choose from any of our Monteverde hotels such as Hotel Claro de Luna, Hotel Arco Iris or Hotel Belmar.
* Note: depending on where you're starting from and where you're going from here; we may reverse this itinerary. Interbus first to Monteverde then shuttle and boat to Arenal. That is because onward transport options from Monteverde and Arenal vary so let our agents choose the best itinerary for you. If you have a preference let us know in your booking form comments.
|Depatures:||Daily from your hotel in San Jose, most Pacific beach towns, Cahuita or Puerto Viejo in the Caribbean|
• The standard package is at the San Bosco or similar in downtown La
Fortuna. Features swimming pool, A/C, Cable TV, private bath, wireless
internet, breakfast included.
• For a different experience, try an upgrade to more resort styled accommodations such as the Arenal Volcano Inn or Silencio del Campo. These properties are located out of town, a little closer to the volcano in mountain and garden settings. Your package price will be adjusted for the difference in room rate between the San Bosco and the chosen hotel.
• Substitute Tabacón Hotsprings+Resort for Los Lagos Hotsprings - add $62 pp
• No tour to waterfall (if you'd like to leave early 2nd day or do something else we can remove this) - subtract $65 pp
• Visit the Arenal Hanging Bridges - substitute this for waterfall tour for no additional charge or add it for $65 pp
• Sky Adventures canopy/zipline tour including hotel pickup - substitute for waterfall tour for $25 pp or add it for $90 pp
• ATV adventure where you get to explore the jungle on your own ATV - substitute for waterfall tour for $20 p/p or add it for $85 p/p
• Lost Canyon Canyoneering Adventure - substitute for waterfall tour for $30 p/p or add it for $95 p/p
|Duration:||Three days/Two nights. Additional days can be added.|
|Cost per person:||
Two night/Three day package:
High season Dec 16, 2014 - Apr 30, 2015: $301 p/p with San Jose or (most) Pacific beach towns pickup, $311 p/p with Caribbean pickup
Low season May 1, 2015 - Dec 15, 2015: $275 p/p with San Jose or (most) Pacific beach towns pickup, $285 p/p with Caribbean pickup
Enter details on booking form for other options.
• Microbus Transportation
your hotel in San Jose or most Pacific or Caribbean beach towns to Arenal.
• Two nights of lodging based on double occupancy at a hotel San Bosco in La Fortuna (private bath, hot water, jacuzzi, swimming pool) or your chosen hotel option (price difference applicable). For single occupancy an adjustment for the extra room cost will be added. For triple or quad occupancy, your rate will be reduced accordingly.
• Hike along the 1968 Trail
• Entrance to and dinner at Los Lagos Hotsprings
• Tour to the waterfall on horseback
• Taxes and Gecko Trail Adventures service charge'
|Not included:||• Return or onward transportation from Arenal, this tour ends in Arenal or onward transport can be added for an additional charge.|
|Cost per person:||$25 per person plus the cost of the hotel night(s) chosen as an add-on to Arenal package|
|Accommodations:||Includes accommodations at any of our recommended Monteverde hotels. If you have another hotel in mind, let us know and we'll advise if we can book that for you and what the price difference would be.|
• Minibus/Boat/Minibus transportation
your Arenal hotel or Monteverde hotel (or other direction)
• One night (or more, as selected) of lodging at a hotel in Monteverde (private bath, hot water, breakfast)
• Add Sky Adventures canopy/zipline tour including hotel pickup - $78.50 p/p
• Add Monteverde Cloud Forest hike - $67 p/p
• Add Monteverde Twilight Hike - $26 p/p
|Not included:||Return or onward transportation from Monteverde, this tour ends in Monteverde (or Arenal if tour order is reversed).|
Please wait ... we are processing your request.
Please do not submit it again...this make take up to 60 seconds.