Tours and Activities Offered
We offer a wide variety of tours and activities in many different areas of Costa Rica. Here is a selection of some of our offerings.
You can book any of these here on the website or contact us for information if there's something you'd like information on that you don't see below.
Whitewater Rafting/River Trips
- Pacuare River: One Day Our most popular trip and Costa Rica’s most stunning white water river. Class III-IV rapids. Suitable for 12 years of age+
- Two Day Hike and Paddle Rafting Trip Spend the night at a lodge on the river between two days of river rafting, hiking and enjoying the best natural experience Costa Rica has to offer!
- Pacuare Lodge Honeymoon Getaway Three day/two night trip of a lifetime at the Pacuare River Lodge including deluxe accommodation, meals, rafting, canopy.
- Reventazón River: Carmen Section Calmer waters but with enough adventure to keep your on the edge of your seat! Ages 5+
- Río Sarapiquí: Go Rafting or Walk on the Wild Side This is one of the best ways to travel between Puerto Viejo and Arenal volcano area! Go White Water Rafting or do bird watching with serpentarium on the way to your next destination!
- Rio Tenorio - Arenal/Guanacaste This is the best and most adventurous way to travel between Arenal/Monteverde and the Pacific beaches! Go rafting on your way from one destination!
- Rio Balsa - Arenal The best half-day class II-III rafting closest to the Arenal Volcano, that also works as Adventure Connection between San Jose and Arenal and Arenal and Manuel Antonio and Jaco!
- White Water Rafting Arenal - Class III & IV Imagine rafting through exciting, action-packed class III-IV rapids on beautiful Rio Sarapiqui.
Caribbean Jungle, Nature & Wildlife
- Animal Rescue Centre, Chocolate Lady and Waterfall Three of our favorite local activities combined. See the Jaguar Animal Rescue Centre and interact up close with the animals. Get a tour of a local indigenous family making chocolate. Hike to a beautiful waterfall.
- Caribbean Canopy & Zipline See the jungle from up in trees and experience the thrill of flying through over 2500 meters of zipline cable
- Tortuguero Canal and Banana Plantation See the Tortuguero Canals by boat on this day trip from Puerto Viejo or Cahuita. Also tour a Banana Planation and learn more about these fruits.
- Cahuita Boat, Snorkel and Hiking Trip Cahuita National Park is one of the highlights of the area. This trip includes a guided hike and a boat ride with a stop for snorkeling in the coral reefs.
- Gandoca-Manzanillo Refuge Jungle Hike This extensive reserve is home to a wide variety of animals and plants; your local guide will teach you much about what you are seeing amd the scenery is spectacular too!
- River and Sea Kayaking with Rainforest Hike Kayaking on the ocean at the beautiful Punta Uva and up the Rio Ernesto followed by a guided jungle hike.
- Full Day Jungle Adventure A full day of adventures: transportation, jungle hike, canyoning, tree climbing, canopy & zipline, Tarzan swing and a rappel!
- Nighttime Turtle Watching Take the opportunity to travel through time and go back to the beginning of evolution, represented by the nesting of these live fossils. This is an unforgettable night walk along the Gandoca Beach
- Dolphin Watching and Snorkeling Head out from Puerto Viejo or Cahuita on a boat where we'll look for dolphins and then snorkel (or dive) on the reef.
- Bird Watching Don't miss the amazing biodiversity of Costa Rica—head out with our expert guide and you'll be amazed at the numbers of birds we have in the area
Caribbean Learning about Indigenous Communities
- Uatsi Waterfall and Indigenous Reservation Visit a beautiful waterfall, the indigenous cultural center and witness the chocolate making process.
- Bri Bri Medicine Man Tour Visit the Indigenous Cultural Center and meet the Medicine Man Don Candido.
- Michka Watsi Make chocolate with an indigenous family and have a delightfull time.
Day Trips from Caribbean Coast
- Bocas del Toro, Panama One Day Tour A day trip to the Bocas del Toro islands including dolphin watching, snorkelling and a visit to the Red Frog Beach.
Caribbean Local Activities
- Surf Lessons Learn to surf or improve your skills. The Puerto Viejo area has beaches for all abilities.
- Spanish Lessons in Puerto Viejo Ñ Spanish Teachers is a group of mother tongue teachers who apply an academic studying method, combined with a dynamic and interactive one.
- Horseback Riding Riding horseback along the beautiful beaches of the Caribbean Coast is the perfect way to explore the area. Suitable for riders of all experiences (or none).
- Fishing trip Full and half day private trips with a small boat and captain or the option to go "Fishing with the Captain".
- Pure Jungle Spa: Massages, Facials and more Massage, facials and unique body treatments using local jungle ingredients in a beautiful setting.
Things to do in San Jose/Day trips from San Jose
- San Jose City Tour City tour of some of San Jose's historic sites and museums
- Arenal Volcano and Hot Springs Tour We will trek to the thermal hot springs of the volcano, where you can relax in the soothing waters and be caressed by the cool inviting breezes, while observing the stars and the incredible night sky above the volcano!
- Adventure Combo (Canopy & Rafting) If you are looking for a real adventure, check out this amazing combo tour of canopy and rafting and get to see Costa Rica's impressive Braullio Carillo National Park.
- Canopy and Zipline Tour Enjoy the thrill and the unique perspective on nature from this aerial tour. Offering zipline adventures with roundtrip transport to/from San Jose.
- Poas Volcano Half Day Tour See the famous active Poas Volcano.
- Poas Volcano, Doka Coffee Tour and La Paz Waterfalls See both the Poas Volcano and the La Paz Waterfall on this combo tour.
- Irazu Volcano, Orosi Valley & Lankester Gardens A trip to the spectacular Irazu volcano is combined with the lush scenery of the Orosi Valley and the gorgeous Lankester Gardens.
- Isla Tortuga Visit Costa Rica's only island and enjoy the unique sites and deserted white sand beaches of this isolated paradise.
- Best of the Pacific First you will take a boat trip on the Tarcoles River where you can spot the wild crocodiles. Once you arrive on the Pacific you'll have time on the beach or to take a walk and enjoy the amenities of the Punta Leona Resort.
Activities in Arenal & Monteverde Areas
- Arenal Volcano Hike & Hot Springs The volcano viewpoint then enjoy the hotsprings and facilities of the famous Los Lagos, The Springs, Tabacon or Baldi resort (your choice) plus dinner with a volcano view!
- Horseback Ride in Arenal Take a lovely half day adventure to the La Fortuna waterfall or along the base of the Arenal Volcano. And how better to explore it than on one of our gentle horses?
- Sky Trek and Sky Tram Arenal Enjoy the thrill and the unique perspective on nature from this aerial tour. Zipline or tram - your choice!
- Lost Canyon Adventures Canyoneering This unique, multi-sport adventure combines rappelling, down-climbing and river tracing in a deep, tropical canyon. It is an experience of a lifetime – go where very few have had the privilege to roam!
- Mountain Bike Tour between Arenal and Monteverde Do a fun and challenging mountain bike trip between Arenal and Monteverde and use it as a means of transportation between the two cities.
- Sky Trek and Sky Tram Monteverde Enjoy the thrill and the unique perspective on nature from this aerial tour. Zipline, hanging bridges or tram - your choice!
- Arenal to Monteverde Horseback Ride In this unique tour, you'll spend the day riding the shores of Lake Arenal enroute between La Fortuna and Arenal. Your luggage will be sent ahead.
- Arenal to Monteverde Boat+Shuttle Crossing Why spend the day in a car between Arenal and Monteverde? Taking a boat is the way to go! You can also add a coffee and fishing tour if you like!
- Arenal Hanging Bridges Bridges and trails which blend seamlessly into the rainforest give you a unique way to get up close to the incredibly diverse rainforest to see birds, flowers and more.
- Rio Celeste Full Day Tour Guided rainforest hike to magical Rio Celeste Waterfall, Los Teñideros lagoon with its turquoise water and the steaming volcanic fumaroles
- Hike to the Santa Elena Reserve Verdant jungle with adundant plant and animal life. This reserve offers some exceptional hiking and a guided hike is the best way to see everything.
- Monteverde Twilight Tour As the sun is setting, there is a unique opportunity to see both day and nighttime animals.
- Caño Negro Wildlife Refuge A birdwatcher's delight! This refuge near the Nicaragua border is one of the world's most important wetlands. We take you on a boat ride of the Rio Frio to experience it!
- Hike to the Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve The Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve is the largest private protected place in the area. With its magical setting and rich diversity of life you'll easily understand why this area was protected.
- Day Tour to Solentiname Island in Nicaragua See Nicaragua in a day and discover pristine nature and cultural heritage!
- Day Tour to Nicaragua and Caño Negro Discover another country and return to La Fortuna that same day!
- Monteverde Coffee Tour Learn all about the process of growing, picking, preparing and roasting coffee at a farm in one of the world's best coffee growing areas.
- Kayak Expedition on San Juan River Explore the majestic San Juan River by Kayak in 4 days!
- Monteverde Horseback Riding Tours Head out on a happy, well-cared for horse to explore the trails around Monteverde. See birds, butterflies and waterfalls!
Activities in Manuel Antonio
- Hike to the Manuel Antonio National Park Take a leisurely hike with a highly trained, well-educated Costa Rican naturalist guide through the exotic, bio-diverse tropical rain forest preserved in the 34 year old national treasure, Manuel Antonio National Park.
- Catamaran Sailing & Snorkeling Tour Enjoy a sail boat ride along the Manuel Antonio coast and discover the unique underwater life while snorkeling.
Activities in Nicoya Pennisula
- Ocean Kayak to Isla Chora with Snorkeling A great half day adventure in Playa Samara: kayak across the bay to the pink sand beaches of Isla Chora where you can snorkel, swim or just enjoy the beach for two hours before returning by kayak.
See our transport page for detailed info
- Costa Rica transport planner Our transport planner let's you see all the transport options (schedules and prices) between any two points in Costa Rica and choose the one that works best for you.
- Airport pickup and bus ticket (Costa Rica) Bus tickets for national buses can sell out and then there's the confusion of finding the right bus station in San Jose so this service solves both problems. Our driver picks up your bus tickets, then meets your flights at the airport and brings you to the bus station. The pickup and bus ticket are both included in the price.
- Airport pickup and bus ticket (Central America) For travellers who only wish to pass through Costa Rica for transit to another Central American country, we do now offer a taxi and bus service with Tica Bus to the capital cities in Central America. Our driver picks up your bus tickets, then meets your flight at the airport and brings you to the bus station. The pickup and bus ticket are both included in the price.
- San Jose Airport Pickup/Dropoff Be a VIP! Have your private driver picking you up or dropping you off at the airport.