Arenal to Monteverde Boat+Shuttle Crossing
Don't waste a day driving or being driven around the lake, it's faster and a whole lot more fun to go straight across the lake on a boat!
You are picked up at your hotel in La Fortuna/Arenal area by shuttle/van, driven to Lake Arenal where you take a boat across the lake then another shuttle van meets you to take you to your Monteverde hotel. Of course, this works in reverse too!
If you want to see more on the way or you're concerned that the tour arrives at the destination too early for your hotel check-in (or departs too late for check out time) you could try our special version! This version includes additionally:
• 1 1/2 hour Coffee Tour at Beneficio de Coopeldos RL. You'll learn about the complete process of growing, processing (wet and dry methods) and roasting coffee.
• We'll then walk 5 minutes to Pezca Recreativa de Tilapia where you can learn and try your hand at fishing for Tilapia in the lake. You'll also get a demonstration of the extraction of juice from sugar cane using a manual sugar cane mill
• You'll enjoy a delicious homemade lunch, perhaps including a freshly caught Tilapia!
For a real adventure, you could also try transport between the two places by boat and horseback (your luggage is transported separately). See the Arenal to Monteverde Horseback Ride tour for details.
|Departures:||Daily at 8:30 AM, 2:30 PM in each direction from either Arenal or Monteverde hotels|
Lake crossing + shuttle: approx 3 hours
Lake crossing + tour: full day
|Cost per person:||
Shuttle and Boat Crossing: $25.00
Shuttle and Boat Crossing plus Coffee + Sugar Cane & Fishing Tour + Lunch (only morning departure): $125.00 / After Dec. 1st 2013, $135 per person
Lake crossing + shuttle option includes:
• Ground transport to Lake Arenal
• 30-minute boat ride to the town of Río Chiquito
• 1.5-2 hour ground transport from Lake Arenal to your Monteverde hotel
Lake crossing + tour option additionally includes:
• Secure storage of your luggage while on the tours
• Coffee, fishing and sugar cane mill tours
|Not included:||Pickup or dropoff at hotels in Arenal further than Tabacon River/Resort are subject to an extra charge.|