- Shared Ride Shuttles - door to door scheduled service for many popular destinations in Costa Rica
- Private Van/Driver - your schedule and just your group, vehicles for 8 to 50 people!
- Bus - public buses are plentiful and inexpensive in Costa Rica and operate between terminals on a scheduled basis
- Airport Pickup and Bus Ticket - our driver prepurchases your public bus ticket, meets your flight at the airport and brings your to the correct San Jose bus station. Hassle free!
- Adventure Connections - Combine your trip from one destination to the other with a fun tour on the way!
- Domestic Flights - several airlines operate scheduled turboprop service to small airports in Costa Rica and some nearby locations in Panama and Nicaragua. You can get from San Jose to any of these locations in about half an hour!
- Rental Car - all major car rental companies operate in San Jose and many also in many tourist destinations around the country
Whitewater Rafting/River Trips
- Pacuare River: One Day
- Two Day Hike and Paddle Rafting Trip
- Pacuare Lodge Honeymoon Getaway
- Reventazón River: Carmen Section
- Río Sarapiquí: Go Rafting or Walk on the Wild Side
- Rio Tenorio - Arenal/Guanacaste
- Rio Balsa - Arenal
- White Water Rafting Arenal - Class III & IV
Caribbean Jungle, Nature & Wildlife
- Animal Rescue Centre, Chocolate Lady and Waterfall
- Caribbean Canopy & Zipline
- Cahuita Boat, Snorkel and Hiking Trip
- Cahuita National Park Hike
- Gandoca-Manzanillo Refuge Jungle Hike
- River and Sea Kayaking with Rainforest Hike
- Full Day Jungle Adventure
- Nighttime Turtle Watching
- Dolphin Watching and Snorkeling
- Bird Watching
- Day Tour - La Ceiba Reserve
- Night Tour - La Ceiba Reserve
- Sustainability and Nature Conservation - A Family Experience Spiced with Fun
Caribbean Learning about Indigenous Communities
Discover the Caribbean Coast
- Bocas del Toro, Panama One Day Tour
- Nature Observatory Manzanillo Full Day Tour
- Tortuguero Canal and Banana Plantation
Caribbean Local Activities
- Spanish Lessons in Puerto Viejo
- Surf Lessons
- Horseback Riding
- Fishing trip
- Pure Jungle Spa: Massages, Facials and more
Things to do in San Jose/Day trips from San Jose
- San Jose City Tour
- Arenal Volcano and Hot Springs Tour
- Adventure Combo (Canopy & Rafting)
- Canopy and Zipline Tour
- Poas Volcano Half Day Tour
- Poas Volcano, Doka Coffee Tour and La Paz Waterfalls
- Irazu Volcano, Orosi Valley & Lankester Gardens
- Isla Tortuga
- Best of the Pacific
Activities in Arenal & Monteverde Areas
- Arenal Volcano Hike & Hot Springs
- Horseback Ride in Arenal
- Sky Trek and Sky Tram Arenal
- Sky River Drift
- Lost Canyon Adventures Canyoneering
- Mountain Bike Tour between Arenal and Monteverde
- Sky Trek and Sky Tram Monteverde
- Arenal to Monteverde Horseback Ride
- Arenal to Monteverde Boat+Shuttle Crossing
- Arenal Hanging Bridges
- Rio Celeste Full Day Tour
- Hike to the Santa Elena Reserve
- Monteverde Twilight Tour
- Caño Negro Wildlife Refuge
- Crocodile Boat Tour to Manuel Antonio
- Carara National Park to Manuel Antonio
- Hike to the Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve
- Monteverde Horseback Riding Tours
- Monteverde Coffee Tour
Activities in Manuel Antonio
Activities in Nicoya Pennisula
Find us on Facebook
Full vacation itineraries
Gecko Trail Adventures can plan your entire trip for you! Check out some of our most popular itineraries below, see the trip reports of some of our past clients for ideas or let us design something just for you.
Coast-to-Coast Package: Pacific & Caribbean plus Mountains - Experience the best that Costa Rica has to offer including time spent in the capital, San José, sailing and snorkeling at Manuel Antonio beach in the Pacific, relaxing in hot springs and viewing a stunning volcano in Arenal, whitewater rafting down the Pacuare River, and spending time lounging on the jungle-lined beaches of Puerto Viejo in the Caribbean. Prices from $892 including all taxes and round-trip transportation from San José. More Info
Costa Rica Full On Adventure - This is a variation of our Coast-to-Coast package more catered for those seeking lots of active adventure on their vacation. If you don't like to sit still for too long, this is the package for you! You'll get loads of adrenaline pumping activities, even on the way from one destination to the other. At the same time you can enjoy the diverse landscapes of Costa Rica — the funky laid-back atmosphere of the Caribbean Sea, the other-worldly Tortuguero Canals, the spectacular Arenal Volcano, the renowned Monteverde Cloud Forest and the long sandy beaches of Samara on the Nicoya Peninsula. Prices start at just $1451 per person for a 15-day / 14-night package including taxes and return transport from San José. More Info
Caribbean Wet & Wild - Experience the best of Costa Rica's Caribbean coast with this 3 or more night package. Day 1 starts early with an all day whitewater rafting adventure on the world class Pacuare River. By dinnertime you're relaxing at your hotel in Puerto Viejo or Cahuita where you'll spend 2 or more nights. A zipline tour through the jungle canopy or a snorkel and hike tour of Cahuita National Park is included. Then you'll head to the magical Tortuguero National Park where you'll spend 2 days and 1 night there exploring the canals and nature. Prices start at just $450 per person including all taxes and round-trip transport from San Jose. More Info
Volcano, Jungle and Beach - 4 nights or more with 2 nights at Arenal Volcano, see the volcano erupt while relaxing in the world famous hot springs. Then do a river rafting trip on the Pacuare river, view unspoilt nature while navigating exciting class III-IV rapids. Then 2 or more nights on the beaches of the Caribbean in Puerto Viejo or Cahuita. A zipline tour through the jungle canopy or a snorkel and hike tour of Cahuita National Park is included. You can also add on Tortuguero to this package. Prices start at just $645 per person including all taxes and round-trip transport from San Jose. More Info
Romance & Adventure - Want a romantic getaway to the Caribbean beaches with some adventure thrown in? You start with an all day whitewater rafting adventure on the world class Pacuare River. By dinnertime you're relaxing at your hotel in Puerto Viejo or Cahuita where you'll spend 3 or more nights. One afternoon you're off to the Pure Jungle Spa where you'll enjoy a couples massage and then dinner for two at Stashu's Con Fusion. A zipline tour through the jungle canopy or a visit to the Jaguar animal rescue center is also included. Prices start at just $446 per person including all taxes and round-trip transport from San Jose. More Info
Gay and Lesbian Packages
Costa Rica is Central America's most gay and lesbian friendly destination and we have put together several packages specifically tailored to Gay and Lesbian clients such as The Bi-Coastal. Check out Gecko Trail Adventures specialized services to the Gay and Lesbian community on our gay travel page.
Put together your own trip by combining your time at the beach with these action packed itineraries for seeing some of Costa Rica's most spectacular sights in 1 or more night packages.
Arenal Volcano with Monteverde Option - Hike to a waterfall, learn about the most recent volcanic eruption or go horseback riding with a 2 or 3 night package to Arenal Volcano! Relax in the hot springs nearby after a full day of adventures. There are numerous other fun activities as well. You can add nights in the tiny, lush town of Monteverde to your package complete with a boat ride across Lake Arenal to reach Monteverde.
Tortuguero National Park Overnight - Tortuguero National Park is an isolated area on the northern part of the Caribbean coast reachable only by boat or airplane. Pure and untouched nature, turtle watching and jungle canals await you.
Tortuguero/Pacuare Combo - Combine two of the Caribbean's best activities in this three day/two night trip. A 2 day/1 night visit to Tortuguero National Park and an overnight in the Lodge in the park, an overnight off the beaten path near Siquirres at Finca Maquengue and a whitewater rafting trip on the world famous Pacuare River.
Osa - Adventure in Nature - Experience the beauty of the South Pacific Coast - pristine beaches, amazing wildlife and stunning nature. Enjoy your stay on the Osa Peninsula in this exclusive jungle lodge off the beaten track.
Bocas del Toro, Panama - Just over the border from Puerto Viejo are these islands in Panama with a laid-back Caribbean vibe and some great snorkeling and diving. Take a couple days to explore with transport options from Puerto Viejo, Cahuita or San Jose.
Explore Granada - Three-day Nicaragua Package - Discover the colonial jewel of Granada and its beautiful surroundings on this 3-day package!
Let Gecko Trail Adventures use our knowledge of and our contacts around Costa Rica to find you the perfect places to stay.
Go directly to listings for: